Saturday, February 19, 2011

VDay Cup N Cakes!

First I would like to say that my husband is the best. He is so quick to encourage me to follow my dreams and do what makes me happy, and if I complain that I don't know how he trys so hard to help me find my way. Well, a few weeks ago I was complaining that I don't get to make cakes as often as I would like to and I felt like I was losing my skill.

NICHOLAS BORDEN CAME UP WITH THE MOST AMAZING SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM!

He told me that every month he expects me to create a cake or cupcakes, even if I have no reason to make them. He wants me to be happy and he knows how much I enjoy baking and decorating cakes, even if it means his wastline may increase... slightly or more.... :)Which isn't going to happen because we will find something to do with the delicious treats we create! I know that as I practice I will feel more and more confident in my abilities and I wont be so nervous when people ask me to create something for them. And I am so excited to learn and relearn cool techniques!

Thank you Babe for being such a great support to me!

February was the first month for our cake practicing adventure!



A couple of weeks ago I got together with my Mom and our friend Terri. We made Valentine themed cupcakes. Terri has asked me to include her in our practices because she wants to learn the ways of cake. So we started out simple with Red Velvet cupcakes, filled with Strawberry Mousse and swirled with White Chocolate Whipped frosting. YUM! They were so tasty!!!



Thank you Nick for being such a great man and encouraging me to do what makes me happy. I hope that I can do the same for you always! I love you handsome husband of mine. :)

1 comment: