Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beware of the DUCKS!

A couple of weeks ago on my day off, Nick and I were out and about running errands, picking up cake supplies and trying to decide what to do for lunch. Well, we got home and realized we never ate! O-M-G! It's my fault really, I thought about it as we got close to home but didn't say anything since we were so close... OOPS!

So we decided to go on an outing! We grabbed a few pieces of bread, picked up some Taco Bell, and headed to Freestone Park! Yay!

It was such a fun afternoon! My husband is so wonderful for agreeing to spend a couple of hours at the park just enjoying the beautiful day. We ate our lunch, which was DELICIOUS, I LOVE TACO BELL, and then decided to get closer to the water so we could feed the ducks!





I am sure many of you have fed the ducks at Freestone Park... but for those of you who have not... well, you are in for a treat! It's so fun! Not only because the ducks get really close to you, but they follow you around the lake! We moved from one end to the other and the little critters swam to where we were! And there were a couple ducks who were just bullies to the rest of the ducks. The bullies kept biting other ducks wings, making them swim fast and cry out! It was so sad! Nick laughed while I stomped by feet and told them to be nice! Now I know ducks don't understand English, or so we think, but I don't like bullies, even duck bullies! Although I am sorry if I gave any of the ducks a heart attack! YIKES!





All in all it was a perfect afternoon! I got to spend it with the most handsome man in the world, having fun and causing trouble, well not really causing trouble with anyone but the ducks. I love that my husband and I can have so much fun doing practically nothing! Being a newlywed is the best!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. So many times you write things EXACTLY the way I would say them. We are so alike! :) Love it! And I'm glad you guys survived the killer duck attack. Way to keep them in line!

    ReplyDelete