Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life life life....

Hello All! I don't think very many people actually read our blog, and that is OK, since I rarely post anything! :) My sweet husband and I have been married for 18 months! WOW! I think often of all that has happened in my life in the past few years and the only constant, besides my husband and our families, seems to be change. And it kinda stinks. Recently we have began the process of looking for our home. For those of you who are looking or have recently purchased a home, you understand how I feel when I say "UGH." I wish this whole mess was a lot easier! We have only been looking for a month, but it feels like we have been looking for much much longer. I am sure the fact that we are "itching" for our own space is making this much more difficult and emotionally draining than it actually is. No worries, I haven't started pulling my hair out... yet. Apart from looking for our home, we are enjoying the beautiful life our Father in Heaven has blessed us with. I have been SUPER emotional for the last couple of months, I blame the house hunting, I am constantly praying to Father for peace and comfort to know that we are going to find a place to call "home." That I will be stable throughout all of this. Those of you who know Nick and I well, understand the roller coaster we have been on for our 18 months of marriage. We are so ready to get off this ride and settle into a place of our own, where we can begin our family and set down our own "roots." I know my Mother and Father enjoy having us in their home and we are and will forever be eternally grateful for their generosity in allowing us to live with them, but there comes a time when a family needs a space of their own. Those of you who have ever lived with relatives will know what I mean. So, what fun and joyful things have happened to us recently? Well, I have been working for the past six months as the Head Pastry Chef at Sassy's Cafe and Bakery in Mesa, what fun and stress I find there. Nick has been working at a company called Device Engineering for almost a year now! He seems to enjoy it, most days. The work is tedious and repetitive and I know he is anxious to be finished with his schooling, but he has a ways to go still. We are both grateful for his summer off from school, we actually get to see each other in the evenings and it's such a treat! Our summer has been full of fun already! We spent a nice weekend in Santa Monica and Anaheim, California with our good friends, Scott and Mimi, and we also spent a nice weekend "camping" at the Homestead! We wish we could spend more time up north with our family! Summer has just begun and I know we will have many more experiences to share with everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read about our lives, even though they are probably super boring to anyone but us. We love you! Love forever, Nick & Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Everything will fall into place when you find the right home. Just keep your chin up and keep on putting one step in front of the other!

    We love you guys! And you're NEVER boring to us. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ashley! I'm ready for a new post.

    The end. : )

    ReplyDelete