Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day

For Fathers Day this year my husband and I could not decide what to do for our Fathers. So we decided to give them gifts that were fun and something everyone would enjoy!

COOKIE BOUQUETS!

I have seen the websites that sell these bouquets of deliciousness and I thought they would be perfect! However, they are quite pricey and generic so I decided to make them myself! And to prove my successful gift endeavor I documented the whole thing!

I began by mixing up one batch of my Grandma Daniel's delicious sugar cookies.




After mixing the dough, I used stars, circles, and flower cookie cutters. Then I inserted a cookie stick in each cut out, then into the oven for baking!




After the cookies had cooled completely I began mixing up the glaze for decorating them!


I made 3 colors of glaze, a blue, golden yellow, and brown. I outlined each cookie with glaze and allowed it time to set up before filling them in and decorating.




I think they turned out pretty cute! I have soooo many ideas for the next time I dive in and make some more!




Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there!

1 comment: