Friday, October 1, 2010

A New Beginning



Nick and I had our first date on May 22 2010. After that date we were inseparable, we bonded over our mutual love of good ole movies from the 80's and 90's. Thank you "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" and "Down Periscope" for making me seem so cool to my now Fiance. I'm not sure I would have snagged him if I didn't legitimately enjoyed those movies. And what a shame that would have been since I am so totally and completely in love with the most amazing man, my Nicholas.

I know everyone wants updates on our wedding plans and our life together and what better way to allow everyone to follow than to write a blog! I hope this is the most convenient way for people to follow what's going on in our life together.

Me and Nick will be married in the Mesa Temple on November 20th 2010. We are both so excited for this day and wish it would hurry up and get here already. But we are enjoying our engagement period and it wont last much longer so we should relish it while we can.

Nick has been so great during all of our wedding planning. He diligently comes with me to all the appointments. And even though I know he is bored out of his mind, he puts a smile on his face and tells me he is just happy to be with me :) I have been blessed to find the most amazing man. He is so patient with me and wants me to be happy. I only hope I am as good to him as he is to me.


Last weekend we met with our photographer, Andria Howe, and had our engagement pictures taken. Nick was so great throughout it all! Poor Andria had picked up the wrong battery for her camera and it was completely dead. Thanks to her sweet husband we were still able to take our pictures, but we started an hour later than we had planned and daylight was fading fast. Despite waiting in the heat and being sweaty we proceeded to take our pictures and they turned out GREAT! I absolutely LOVE them! I am just going to say how HOT my man is! I love him!

Thank you Nick for being such a wonderful man and thank you to all of our family and friends who are helping us plan our big day. We would literally be lost without all of you.

Forever, Nick & Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Ashley! I think I'm the first person to comment on your new blog! Whoohoo!

    I think you guys are so cute together & it's adorable the way you "ooh & ahh" over your man. I'm glad you know what it's like to be getting a Borden-boy-stud-muffin of your own. This is just the beginning, and your pictures look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash! Nice work on starting such a fun BLOG.. It will be so much easier to keep everyone updated this way. :) You guys are adorable together... Can't wait for Nov 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "New game, cricket."
    "Cricket?!? You can't play cricket. Nobody understands cricket> You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket."
    "Oh yeah?" *WHACK* "See? Six runs."


    "Men, I have a plan, but it is bizarre and slightly risky. So if any of you want to back out, now is the time."
    "Actually Sir, I think we'd prefer to go with the bizarre and risky. It's worked for us so far."

    But can you get this one?
    "And where were they when the hanger blew up?"
    "I told you, in the hanger"
    "So they're dead?!?"
    "Death is such a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as fighting evil...in another dimension."
    "So how many are left?"
    "Including you?"
    "Yeah, including me."
    "One."


    Now please be honest and remember..this IS for posterity.

    ReplyDelete